Rust is a survival-based game that basically lets you survive in a post-apocalyptic universe where it is a struggle to survive. Well, that is what you get when you mix Arma II and Minecraft together – a really compelling scenario combined with beautiful 3D graphics. There are many gaming modes that you can try out in the game, and that is one of the biggest reasons why you should try out the game. While the vanilla game is fun, many people enjoy Rust modded servers as it adds another layer of action and thrills the original version doesn't.
As you play Rust, you will have to face a lot of perils. However, with a lot of practice, you shall be able to defend yourself from the different kinds of dangers that you are likely to encounter. From wildlife to crazy scientists, along with leftover radiation, there are many ways in which rust will beat you down. It's a survival-based game, and that's why you need to be armed at all costs. One of the best ways to acquire weapons is to build them on your own. But for that to happen, you are going to require a variety of tools that will make your life much easier.
And the game mode that you are going to play online can largely determine your comfort level in approaching enemies in the game. Some people prefer playing in the creative mode, while others prefer the hardcore mode. Both are extremely exciting, but you better be ready to get your hands dirty in the hardcore mode, where the slightest mistake can have you meet your maker.
What Are Modded Servers?
Most people want their online gaming experience to be as close to the real thing as possible. Well, that isn't always possible since most of the time the server owners are likely to apply their own rules to the games. For example, you can only play on a server that allows the use of block protection schemes. That, however, is not always the case, as many avid gamers can testify to. Thank goodness for modded servers, a platform that allows you to change the gaming experience according to your needs. Be it allowing you to play with unlimited building materials, or even play the game in the hardcore mode. All these are made possible because of the dedicated modders who are working day in and out to help you get the best out of your gaming experiences.
What Are the Best Modded Rust Servers?
There are many Rust servers that have been modded to make the gaming experience different from what you will get with vanilla servers. However, that doesn't mean it will be easy to pick one that is going to satisfy your gaming needs. These servers will require a lot of investigation to establish the fine lines that will distinguish them from the vanilla servers.
Here is a simple guide that will help you find the best modded server for the game:
Frequency of updates
This is the major factor that will determine your ability to play on modded servers. The larger the number of updates that are applied, the better it will be for you. The idea of hosting a modded server is to ensure that you don't have to wait for the game to be playable after every patch. Ideally, a modded server should be updated at least every month.
This is yet another important factor that will determine the standard of gameplay on the server. You don't want one that has a history of frequent disconnection.
You don't want a server that keeps on crashing after every 33 minutes of gameplay, or even worst, a server that kicks you out of the server after you have logged in!
You don't want a server that is so small that you don't feel the game. Ideally, the modded servers should be populated to an extent where you feel like you are part of the action, make sure to find a map that is at least 3500 in size.
There are many people that would love to be on a popular server; it attracts a lot of people. That, however, does not mean you should sacrifice your overall experience at the altar of popularity.
Using the mentioned guide will definitely help you find the best rust modded servers that will help you play in your own way.
5 Rust Modded Servers
This is one of the more popular styles of modded servers you can find on Rust. This particular style of server has been designed so that the map is small to provide action but still with a variety of monuments, which means that more people are likely to get killed as they keep fighting. The fundamental rule of the game is survival, and because of that, you need to make sure you stay above the others. The best way of doing that is by using the weapon to the fullest extent that it could be used. 10x servers often come with the following features:
- Comes with little to no rules.
- The game only lasts for 5-7 days
- You have the ability to teleport
- Night and day cycle is changed (Usually around 50/10 cycle)
- Additional Anti-Cheat
- Dramatically increased stack sizes (30-70X increase)
- BetterLoot mod (You get dramatically better loot around the map)
- Airdrops are faster
- Attack Helicopter is stronger
- /remove tools
Here is a modded server with active admins, anti-cheat, and quality of life mods all rolled into one. The fastest up and coming 10x modded server in the US. Click here to check it out!
This Battlefield server deserves its name because it's just that. A server designed to be a battlefield. With no regard for wasting time running monuments and gathering resources, this server does its best to focus on PVP and raiding. With very little time spent building a base and finding resources. Typically these servers start at 1000X normal resource rates and will offer constantly redeemable kits that have way too many resources in them. Here are a few other things that make these battlefield servers so special:
- Very short modded cool-downs (TP's and Kits)
- Short bed timer
- Insta Kits (Automatically spawn with tools and weapons)
- Very fast airdrops
- Ideally constant action everywhere on the map
- large group sizes
- Smaller map sizes (No need for monuments)
This server is very popular among the part of the community that loves to know exactly how many resources are needed to build their ideal base that has the most room and best protection possible. Typically always a PVE server, the types of mods this server offers are very useful. Allowing players to have admin powers such as flying, invincibility, instant spawn resources, and many more:
- Infinite resources
- Instant craft
- God mode
- Blueprint saves and loads
- Player and building protection
- Opt-in PVP
- Large map size
- No Clip
- Remove hotkey
These types of modded servers are for those who don't usually have a lot of time to mess around finding resources but also don't want to have to deal with massive bases that are found on the 10X servers. Offering a good mix of quality of life mods and moderate resource gain, Rust 3X servers are great for those only looking to play for the weekend that most servers wipe on. Here are a few of the mods these servers offer:
- 3X Resource gain
- Stack size increased (Usually around 5-10X)
- Reduced/ no radiation
- Changed day/night cycle
- Better loot plugin
- Kits and player teleport (Heavily nerfed)
- Average map size (typically 3500)
2X Vanilla Server
Many people love playing the game as was intended by the developers, however, think that it is just a little too hard to gather resources. The very popular 2X vanilla servers are basically exactly the same as typical rust vanilla with 1 small change. 2X resources and stack size, that's usually about it. While it is listed under modded servers, it won't offer any other the other additional extras such as kits, teleport, or remove tools. Here is the very short list of changes you will typically find in 2X vanilla servers:
- 2X resources
- 2X stack sizes
So what are our recommendations for which servers to join? Here are some of the most popular and loved servers:
- Rustacademy 5X US No BP's - As one of the larger Rust communities, RustAcademy runs a small mix of 5 -10X modded servers that offers a comprehensive array of mods. Designed to perform quality of life changes to the original game and help both new and old players from the start to the end of the wipe. While the website does seem to only be in place to promote the sale of their VIP options, their systems are sturdy and they have a solid support system in place should anything go wrong. (5xnobps.rustacademy.us:28015)
- Rustoria 5X US No BP's - From vanilla to heavily modded training ground servers, Rustoria hosts a large variety of servers for people to play on. While still supported heavily through community donations, it has cemented itself with over 2 thousand daily players and servers around the world. While it is one thing to have a bunch of popular servers, Rustoria also has over 120,000 members currently in their steam group, showing they not only know how to bring players into their community but also join and show their support to the servers. (nobps.rustoria.us:28015)
- MangoGaming 2X US Solo, Duo, Trio - While not as popular or advanced as the other servers above, MangoGaming is know for its community involvement of streamers and youtubers. With its dedicated fan base and populated servers on wipe days, it is great for those looking at finding friends to play with. (2xquad.mangogaming.net:28150)
- Rustmania 10X US No BP's Loot+ Kits - While only focusing their servers in both the USA and EU, Rustmania, has one of the more popular 5 and 10X modded servers. Also offering VIP kits as all other servers it is well known for the extended battles and drawn-out fire fights that can last hours as fresh blood joins the server. If you're looking for a not so friendly server of the shoot on sight variety then look no further. It's worth a try! (us.10x.rustmania.net:28015)
The top servers mentioned above have been played by many players worldwide. The servers are always up, which means that you never experience connection problems. You can jump into any of the servers and start playing without worrying about the problems you might encounter. Another interesting thing is that basically, all popular servers have active admins that are checking their servers daily for any issues such as hackers, bugs, and performance issues.